What is #MTOS And How To Get Involved!
#MTOS, or Movie Talk On Sunday, is a weekly interactive Twitter event aimed at getting the film community together discussing various aspects of the films they love and loathe, and giving some the chance to discover movies they might not already know. It takes place every Sunday, with a different host and a new subject, and this week I shall be hosting a Film Noir special.
How Does It Work?
Beginning at 8pm this Sunday (25th November) the first question will be asked. At 10 minute intervals a new question is posted, giving everyone a chance to answer. And it’s time you’ll need as your timeline tends to get pretty full with so many people taking part!
This goes on until 10 questions have been asked and answered. You can search ‘#MTOS’ on Twitter to see previous examples of how this works.
Be sure to end every tweet with the hashtag #MTOS (For example – A2. My favourite actor is Bruce Campbell #MTOS)
It’s really that simple and a lot of fun. Below you’ll see my ten questions for this weeks Film Noir topic. Be sure to follow me on Twitter (@Thompson_film) and I shall see you on Sunday for movie banter galore!
1. It is widely debated whether or not Film Noir can be considered a genre in itself. Do you consider it a genre and if so/not, why?
2. What is your favourite Film Noir movie?
3. What key elements (characters, narrative, cinematography etc) make a Film Noir?
4. The visual style of a Film Noir is quite unique. What is it you like/dislike about this style?
5. Who was your favourite lead in a Film Noir and why?
6. Who was the greatest Femme Fatale?
7. How does a Neo-Noir film differ from a classic Film Noir?
8. What is your favourite Neo-Noir?
9. What films do you feel fit under the ‘Neo-Noir’ heading?
10. Play Producer. You’re making a classic Film Noir movie in the modern day. Who is directing? Stars? Premise, location etc?